Share <--- Click on this button to tell others on facebook that you like this site.

Poll: Do you want another review on this resaurant?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Restaurant Review #1

Default Restaurant Review #1

Funkys Western Grill
    3115 Steubenville Rd SE, Carrollton, OH

This restaurant gets 2 1/2 stars out of five.

Here is my review:

As for the Reservation part of my checklist, it is N/A because it is primarily a walk-in service.

Greeting: They do not have a greeter at the door, and that would most of the time in my book be a zero, but they made up for it because there was a very nice waitress who said hello when we walked in, and told us to sit anywhere. (would have gotten an extra point if she would have walked us over and gave us menus etc. ).

After we were seated, The waitress hurried over to get our drink order, brought us our drinks in a good time, and took our order. Eventhough the place was busy, she seemed very pleasent, but did not tell us the specials, I had to go up to the big chalkboard they had of specials and read it.

Looking around I saw alot of potential in making the place look better. The decor was nice, but old and not taken care of. Time for a remod! The table was clean, a little wobbley, the chairs for as comfortable as the next, and I was impressed that the tables weren't too close together like other small places. The place is about medium size, not too small, and not large. I also noticed, that everyone seemed to be enjoying their food. Looking at others food, it seemed everything was pretty uniform when it came to presentation.

As for professional service, the waitress seemed nice, dress was not a standard diner or waitress uniform of some sort, pretty casual. She also was pretty quick with bringing us food, drink refills, and our check, but was too busy to offer any other information other than that. ie. conversation bits, what's good for dessert.

The menu has a pretty good selection of homemade dishes. This is why they squeeked by. The menu, like the decor, is there, but old. It is a piece of paper that is laminated. It looks like it has been there as long as the restaurant itself. BUT!!! There are alot of selections to choose from. The food itself, was good, and the prices were even better. It was all properly cooked and tasted delicious.

Upon leaving: I checked out the bathrooms. Clean, but out of TP.

Upside:They take Checks.

Downside: They don't take credit cards...(non-relative tip: No cell service for miles)

Biggest enjoyment: The food for the price.

Biggest upset: The service was just ok.

Unregistered

who gives a shit? Like your judgment means shit on a site like this HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

review closed stfu

Unregistered

Thanks for the review. We drive past there all the time going to get car parts out in Carrollton. Didn't know whether to stop there or not. If the food is good, I'll give it a try.

Hey, I've been there before. It's not too bad of a place to eat. You're right though about needing to remodel. the food is good though. love to go there when i get the munchies. Hey what is that new place in wellsville like, that roadhouse? if you review that one, please let me know. thanks

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    who gives a shit? Like your judgment means shit on a site like this HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

review closed stfu
    This is a nice thing, i would love to know the places that suck so i don't waste my money there....go back to your wii. hahahahahahahahahaha

+ Reply to Thread